Caramel Cupcakes with Caramel Filling
In this article, we will be talking about an irresistible recipe, Caramel Cupcakes with Caramel Filling. Caramel cupcakes with filling are delicious! This Brown sugar cake is filled with caramel sauce and topped with caramel buttercream frosting.
However, Caramel cupcakes with Caramel filling is an easy and simple recipe to make. This cake has a brown sugar base and a center filled with gooey homemade caramel sauce. If you like salted caramel, the caramel buttercream frosting is also made with brown sugar and can be sprinkled with sea salt. It has a nice balance of salty and sweet flavours.
I enjoy a good caramel cupcake and Caramel filling, these are much sweeter than my original caramel cupcake recipe. If you want a lighter caramel cupcake, I highly recommend this one! Thick, buttery caramel filling is ideal for almost any dessert! It hardens sufficiently to fill cakes, cupcakes, macarons, and even cookies! This is the recipe I used to make my Twix Cake, and it works perfectly!! It’s the ideal consistency for layer cakes like this. It’s thick enough to hold its shape while remaining soft enough to cut through.
Ingredient for Caramel cupcakes with Caramel filling
- Large Eggs
- Light Brown Sugar
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- All-Purpose Flour
Ingredients for Caramel Filling
- Corn Syrup
- Light Brown Sugar
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Pure Vanilla Extract
Ingredients of Caramel Buttercream
- Light brown sugar
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Pure vanilla extract
How to Make Caramel cupcakes with Caramel filling
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Use 24 cupcake liners to line a muffin pan.
- Cream together butter and brown sugar in an electric mixer or a large mixing bowl.
- Blend in the eggs thoroughly.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl. Alternately add the buttermilk and flour to the mixing bowl.
- Fill each cupcake liner two-thirds full. Bake the cupcakes for 13-15 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick into the center of a toothpick to test for doneness; if it comes out clean, they are done.
How to Make Caramel Cupcake Filling
- Over medium-high heat, combine corn syrup, brown sugar, and butter in a saucepan.
- Allow the butter to melt while stirring frequently.
- Allow to cook for another 2-3 minutes while stirring.
- Reduce the heat to low and whisk in the sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Allow to cool completely.
- As it cools, the filling will thicken.
- Fill fully cooled cupcakes using an icing bag and a filling icing tip, or cut a small circle off the top of each cupcake and spoon filling inside, then replace the cupcake circle on top.
- It can also be drizzled over the frosting.
How to make Caramel Frosting
- Add the butter, brown sugar, milk, salt, and vanilla extract to an electric mixer or a large mixing bowl. Blend thoroughly.
- Add confectioners’ sugar gradually until well combined.
- Frosting should be placed on top of each filled cupcake.
- You can use Wilton’s 6B icing tip on your cupcakes
Best Tips for making Caramel Filling
- If the mixture does not reach 238 F / 114 C using a digital thermometer, it will not have a thick consistency once it reaches room temperature.
- Stir the caramel constantly as it cooks to prevent the bottom of the pan from burning.
- Once the caramel is made, place it in a separate container to cool faster to room temperature. If you leave the caramel in the hot pan as it cools, it will overcook and become difficult to use.
Tips & Tricks for Recipe
- Use a weighing scale to measure out your ingredients in metric measurements. It makes a significant difference in your baking and is the most accurate method!
- Use the fluff and sprinkle method to measure your flour. If you’re not using a scale, make sure you’re measuring your flour correctly! You won’t get those delicious moist crumbs if you use too much flour!
- Before you begin baking, make sure that all of your ingredients are at room temperature.
- Add more or less heavy cream if you don’t need to add the heavy cream because the caramel makes the buttercream creamy. I recommend making the buttercream first and then deciding whether it is soft enough to pipe or if you want to make it creamier by adding the heavy cream.
- Drizzle the caramel if your caramel becomes too hard, microwave it for 30 seconds to soften! After that, I poured the caramel into a plastic squeeze bottle and drizzled it over the frosting.
How do you assemble the Cupcakes?
I discovered that the simplest method was to scoop up the caramel with a small teaspoon, then scrape it off the spoon and into the cupcake cavity with a small rubber spatula.
How do you make Hollowed-out Cupcakes for Filling?
You can use a cupcake corer, but my preferred method is to use a piping tip! Place the base of a large piping tip in the center of your cupcake. Press down gently with one hand while holding the cupcake with the other until the piping tip base is about halfway through the cupcake. When you pull it out, it should bring a small circle of cupcake with it! If it hasn’t, I carefully pry it out with a butter knife or spoon.
Can I use Store-bought Caramel?
Yes, you can use ready-made caramel instead of homemade caramel. Making your own caramel, on the other hand, is simple and far more delicious.
How do I assemble a Piping Bag?
I find that placing the bag (with the tip already in!) into a tall glass, such as a smoothie glass, is the simplest way to fill a piping bag. Fold the piping bag’s sides over the sides of the glass, and then scoop the frosting from the bowl into the piping bag with a rubber spatula.
Can you make the Cupcakes ahead of Time?
Yes, This cupcakes can be made up to a month ahead of time! Refrigerate it in an airtight container. It can also be kept at room temperature in an airtight container for two days. Heat the chilled filling in the microwave in 15 second increments (stirring between), then pipe or scoop it into your dessert. It will set as it returns to room temperature.
Can you make them into mini cupcakes?
Yes, bake them for 8-10 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
How long can you Store your Cupcakes?
Keep the caramel-filled cupcakes at room temperature in an airtight container. It’s best to consume it within a few days.
Caramel-filled cupcake and filling are incredibly soft and delectable. They have a super soft chocolate cupcake with a delicious homemade caramel filling and a caramel buttercream on top. They are finished with additional caramel and cake crumbs. Do well to try this yummy cupcakes at home, I am sure you will love it.
Other Recipe You Should Try: