Incredible Black Bean Soup Recipe
In this article, we want to talk about one of my family’s favourite recipe Incredible Black Bean Soup Recipe! This incredible Black Beans Soup Recipe is hearty and filling, and it’s an excellent vegetarian option! It’s made with black beans, various vegetables, and delectable seasonings for a savory soup with a hint of warm spice!
This Incredible Black Beans Soup Recipe is a favorite of my family! It’s ideal for making as the weather begins to cool. You must serve it with some homemade cornbread or dinner rolls for dipping! This hearty Black Bean Soup recipe comes together in under an hour. It’s a simple and healthy soup made with common kitchen ingredients that you can easily make for dinner. This soup is unbelievably flavorful, and it will quickly become a family favorite.
This delicious and filling black bean soup is made with simple ingredients but tastes fantastic. This soup comes together in under an hour thanks to the use of canned black beans, and chances are you already have all of the ingredients in your pantry! It’s ideal for busy nights because it’s quick to prepare and filling. It’s also vegetarian and vegan-friendly, making it suitable for any occasion.
Moreover, this soup improves in flavor the next day, so leftovers are always delicious. Make a large batch to enjoy for lunch throughout the week, or double the recipe and freeze half for another day. It’s a fantastic recipe that everyone will enjoy. Serve with one of my bread recipes, such as cornbread muffins, garlic bread, or dinner rolls, to make the meal even more filling.
Incredible Black Bean Soup Recipe
This Incredible Black Bean Soup Recipe is best for weeknight dinners; it’s a quick and easy meal to throw on the stove. I recommend serving this soup with rolls or bread-sticks for dipping for the ultimate experience! Don’t be surprised if this becomes a popular dinner request. It’s so easy to make but so delicious
Ingredients for Incredible Black Bean Soup Recipe
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 chopped medium yellow onions
- 3 finely chopped celery ribs
- 1 large peeled and sliced carrot into thin rounds
- 6 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 4 12 teaspoon cumin powders
- 12 teaspoon red pepper flakes (14 teaspoon if sensitive to heat)
- 4 cans (15 ounces each) rinsed and drained black beans
- 4 cups (32 ounces) 14 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 14 cup low-sodium vegetable broth (optional)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar or 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, to taste
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Diced avocado, additional cilantro, thinly sliced radishes, tortilla chips…
Instructions for cooking Incredible Black Beans Soup Recipe
1.In a large Dutch oven or soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat until it shimmers.
2.Add the onions, celery, and carrot, along with a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft.
3.Cook until the garlic, cumin, and red pepper flakes are fragrant, about 30 seconds.
4.Bring the beans and broth to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook, reducing heat as needed to maintain a gentle simmer, for about 30 minutes, or until the broth is flavorful and the beans are very tender.
5.Transfer about 4 cups of the soup to a stand blender, secure the lid, and blend until smooth (never fill your blender past the maximum fill line, and be careful of the hot steam that escapes from the top of the blender). Alternatively, use an immersion blender to puree a portion of the soup.
6.Return the pureed soup to the pot, add the cilantro, vinegar/lime juice, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
Tips for Storing Incredible Black Bean Soup
I should point out that this recipe yields a large amount of soup. Leftovers keep well for four to five days, making it ideal for weekday lunches.
This soup can also be frozen. I always freeze my soup in pint-sized mason jars, leaving room for expansion at the top and waiting until the soup is completely frozen before screwing on the lids. I simply defrost it later.
With canned beans, this healthy black bean soup recipe comes together quickly. It’s incredibly flavorful and delicious thanks to some basic aromatics and Cuban spices. This soup is vegan, vegetarian, and gluten free by nature. The recipe makes a large amount of soup (6 to 8 servings) that can easily be halved or frozen.
Suggestions and Tricks
Black bean soup is just as simple to make as it is to customize! Here are a few easy ways to jazz up this tasty dish.
- Adjust the consistency of the soup by adding more broth if it is too thick. Puree some of the soup in a blender or food processor if you want it thicker.
- More Mix-ins: I use whatever leftover vegetables I have in the fridge. Try adding chopped squash or zucchini, chickpeas, potatoes, spinach, kale, celery, or carrots.
- You can serve with Dinner rolls and breadsticks are my favorites, but any crusty bread will do! French bread and crostini are also excellent choices.
- If you accidentally make the soup too thick, you can thin it out with more vegetable broth.
- Feel free to add any additional vegetables from your refrigerator to the black bean soup! Spinach, zucchini, kale, celery, and peas are all tasty additions.
- Add a diced and deseeded jalapeno pepper or a small pinch of cayenne pepper to the soup when you add the onions for a spicier kick.
- Pico de gallo, salsa, and guacamole are also excellent soup toppings.
- Keeping Leftovers
- Black bean soup is great for leftovers and meal planning!
- Refrigerate for 5-6 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- After your soup has cooled, place it in a freezer bag and freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
- Reheat over medium heat until thoroughly warmed, or in the microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring frequently.
Can I use dried beans instead?
I prefer canned beans for this soup because they make the recipe quick and easy. If you only have dried beans, cover and cook on medium-low heat until soft, which can take up to 2 hours depending on the size and age of the beans.
What should I do with leftovers?
Refrigerate leftover soup in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Before storing the soup, make sure it is at room temperature.
Can I put this soup in the freezer?
Once your soup has reached room temperature, place it in a freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 1 month. Allow the soup to thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
What is the best way to reheat leftovers?
Reheat over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the soup is thoroughly warmed, or in the microwave for 30-second intervals, stirring in between.